Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nerdicus NES Review #62 : Barker Bill's Trick Shooting


Title :  Barker Bill's Trick Shooting

Publisher : Nintendo

Genre : Shooter

Players : 1 / 2 Player

Release Date : 1991

Estimated Value (as of today's date) : $7-$10

Shooter games weren't really my thing during the NES era. I think I told someone once before that I used my zapper for outside "man-hunt" games more than playing Nintendo games. In fact I had an extra broken zapper that I pulled the cord out of. Can't you just picture me running down my block, flailing my arms, and firing away with my blaster?





Think of this game as DUCK HUNT 2, without the ducks. Oh, and that annoying dog is back too. You know the one I'm talking about. The one you wanted to shoot more than the damn ducks!

And as you would expect, you need your Zapper ready! No controllers here.


You choose from a few carnival-styled shooter games;


Balloon Saloon, you just shoot at balloons and avoid hitting the dog. Yeah...ha..avoid

Flying saucers, sounds just like what it is. Saucers are tossed across the screen and you shoot em. More points for shooting them close to the ground.

Window Pains you have to shoot objects that fall past windows. But you can only shoot through open windows so you basically just have to time your shots accordingly.

Fun Follies you go through each of the above stages and are introduced to two bonus levels. In the first bonus level you shoot at coins tossed by Trixie. The second bonus stage you'll have to prevent eggs and tomatoes from falling on Trixies head by shooting them.

So, yeah.....a whole lot of shooting...


I mean, besides shooting the dog form Duck Hunt, there's not much to say about this game. It's the same type of "game" regardless of the stage you choose. Shoot things, avoid shooting things, and make sure the things your shooting don't hit other things. Yup. That about does it. Not bad. Not great. Just MEH.

So if you like zapper games, you won't do wrong by trying out Barker Bill's Trick Shooting.

Final Score (out of 5) :




Until next time. Keep on gaming!

0 comments:

Post a Comment